We made some changes within the Convert Insights App and over the next weeks you will see mostly new GUI features. We realized the users engagement is directly related to making each step of Convert Insights simpler. This process is now well underway. Therefor we cannot release new video’s of support files, since the app it taking a new shape every two weeks.
We are working hard to strip of that beta tag you see next to our logo soon, so we are focusing on a uniform and simplified experience in the app. We have a clear idea of the user groups and focus on getting their plans in the system the next couple of months.
What we changed since Jan 1st 2011
- Moved the vertical menu left to a horizontal menu on top of the app. This creates more space for the visual testing wizards and some new wizard that are on the route-map for February.
- We are modifying the main wizard. This can be seen in a full-screen approach and new features the coming weeks. Also we are making a distinction between advanced and mainstream features. The main stream (ones that are used in >90% of the test will find their way to the main screen. Others will show with a short interaction from the user. That should make it all less complex. Example: making advanced segments for test is used by 5% of the people. So we will make a radio button that is default on: test on entire visitor group (allowing the advanced use by clicking another radio button.
What can you expect in January?
- Extend Split Testing with options for variables and regex support. We got this already in multivariate test but by the end of next week will allow this, since many users are interested in advanced split testing
- You will find new funnel graphs to analyse the impact of you tests in the use of you application (engagement) or sales funnel (commercial use). We hope to visualize the impact of a test not only by the significant improvement your test had, but also the actual impact on the bottom line in cash, visitor value, or conversion rate, whatever you want to measure.
We have two more weeks to finish this part. The UX part is especially difficult since its very difficult to make simple apps. Your help is appreciated, so if you have a suggestion, just comment here or add a ticket to the support system.
- 14 Jan, 2011
- Posted by Dennis van der Heijden
- 4 Comments