If you want to gain significant increase in your conversion lift, you need to to hit your target market with a storm – or in other words, hit them with something strong, direct, and with massive impact. In your marketing campaign, you want to make an strong impression. Making an impression means that your website will be memorable, and in turn, that makes it easier for visitors to return and revisit your site.
In this webinar hosted by A/B testing software” href=”http://www.convert.com/” target=”_blank”>Convert, Chris Goward of Widerfunnel cited that there are no fluffs in conversion. You need to say what you want to say in the most precise manner- hit it straight to the point. You also have to state the facts that support your claim. By adding persuasion in marketing, and adding experience in the design, you can take it to the next level. Goals are important in conversion lift. How much of an increase do you want? You need to set your target because this will make you work harder every single day. View conversions as a whole, including marketing, design, conversion, and profit.
Make Your Conversion Optimization Simple But Effective
Based on the conversion lift model as suggested by Chris Goward, your value propositions are your unique selling points. This will make your product stand out among the rest. If you can sell your product with more perceived benefits than perceived cost, then the customers will be prompted to take action. If you are not successful on this effort, you will notice that your customers are more likely to bounce (leave your website) than convert, and this is not what you want to happen.
There are things that you need to remember to guarantee a winning strategy towards your conversion lift goal. Among the things include the four following elements:
- Relevance – You know who your target market is. Relate your product to your audience by answering the 5Ws and 1H questions – Who needs your product? Why do they need your product? What is your product made of? Where can they buy your product? When is your product available? And lastly – How can they make the purchase?
- Clarity – Create an intelligent description of your product. Do not write anything to mislead your target market.
- Removing anxiety – Anxiety is anything that causes uncertainty in the visitor’s mind to take action. This is a wall placed between the buyer and the opportunity to convert. Remove anxiety by removing the clutter. Too many options, too much colors and too artistic fonts are some of the clutters in your page that you need to let go of.
- Urgency – Push the visitor to buy or convert but do not make it obvious. A simple technique that you can use is by adding a countdown timer in the header that says “offer is valid until”. Give your visitors a reason to act as fast as possible.
Follow the Right Process
You will only succeed in conversion optimization if you do it right, so a structured approach is very important. Wider Funnel, one of the companies that offer conversion optimization, uses their very own 7-step Kaizen process to optimized conversion.
The 7-step Experiment process identifies the elements on a page to test to produce the higher results
Convert.com also does things in a structured manner to guarantee results. There are different optimization companies that you can find when you search the web, but there are only few that you can trust. So aside from searching the name of these companies, check their strategy, and find out if this will bring your conversion optimization exactly where it should be. If you want to know more about this, or if you are interested in the presentation, you can watch the webinar here.
- 16 Feb, 2015
- Posted by Dennis van der Heijden
- 0 Comments