Google Analytics has been one of the most effective tools for internet marketers. The application can provide marketers with an in depth look of what is going on with their website int terms of views, visitors, clicks and many more analytical data. Although Google Analytics is considered to be user friendly, there are still aspects of it that is not fully utilized by most users. Here we try to help users optimize the use of this tool.
Creative Thirst‘s Bobby Hewitt hosted a series of conversion rate marketing podcasts wherein he shared insights on how to turn more clicks into customers. In this episode, Convert shares what it has learned on the essential steps using Google web analytics intelligence feature, how it works and what the tool can do to help your business.
Features of Analytics Intelligence
Intelligence has three types of alert that includes Automatic web alerts for updates regarding the change in usage or traffic metrics, Automatic AdWords alerts for AdWords traffic changes and the Custom alerts for traffic updates coming from a specific entry. These features from analytics are very important for marketers and website owners to let them create further awareness regarding the movement and status of their website.
In an article written by Russ Henneberry, he states: “Google Analytics Intelligence Events are one of the most powerful and underutilized tools in Google Analytics.” And it’s high time we start adding this to our arsenal. Using Google Web Analytics Intelligence provides several benefits in your analytics date, marketing promotion changes, anomaly and statistical trend. Its primary advantages are;
- It lets you get data without having to go look for it.
- It alerts you to any swings in data, any changes that you set up either upward or downward for the top key performance indicators or what Google historical trend thinks is pretty important to your site.
- It lets you know what you don’t already know.
- It bubbles up to the top something’s that are very quickly, immediately look at this.
- This tool really makes it easy for the marketer and easy for the data analyst to be alerted of what to look at.
Setting Up Google Web Analytics Intelligence
Web marketers and website owners are highly recommended to dive into the historical alerts that are Google automatically provides. Here are some important guidelines to set up this feature;
- There will be an alert sensitivity slider over towards the right area; this option lets you click and drag the slider from two points on the left that will be low and on the right that will be high.
- Move the slider all way to low, just to see the most significant alerts.
- What the slider is going to do is the lower you set it; it’s going to show you the bigger spikes and bigger dips.
- If you ET it all the way towards high, it’s going to show you everything—from the big skies to the small spikes.
- If it’s your first time to use the tool, set it all the way to low sensitivity so you are just looking at the big spikes or the big dips. This is an easy way to keep your head above the sea of data, and get deep into your analysis very quickly.
How does this tool make a significant impact to your business? From utilizing this tool, you can monitor the considerable changes in your web traffic, visitors, conversion rate and the metrics you put in. You will begin to ask yourself few relevant questions and add your own intelligence and start connecting the dots internally with any changes you or the marketing team as implemented on your site. It is now easier to measure and modify the status of your marketing strategy. For more information about our tool, click here.