The people over at Shopatron have shared this interesting infographic on how to close sales…
5 Important Factors for Increasing Online Conversion Rates
To improve your online conversion rate, you need an effective strategy. Several companies spend a lot of money, time and effort to increase website traffic by relying mainly on various internet marketing approaches such as SEM, SMM, SEO and email marketing. These are all important for your online business. But if your traffic is not converting, and your visitors are having less interest with what they are seeing on your page, then all your page marketing efforts would be useless.
In a recent podcast, Creative Thirst‘s Bobby Hewitt conveyed what Convert thinks about the 5 most important factors for online conversion – with a goal to enlighten marketers and website owners about increasing website traffic, converting more visitors, optimizing conversion, improving conversion rate, and the essential factors for online conversion.
Your Online Conversion Strategy Done Right
You can increase conversion by considering both the ins and outs of your website. Converting visitors into customers is the key to a successful and profitable business. It doesn’t matter how much traffic your website gets, if they are not converting, you can’t consider it to be a successful business. Quality is more important than quantity. To implement your online conversion strategy right, you need to;
- Concentrate on optimizing your conversions by improving the amount of people that take action on your website.
- Know your goals and your visitors’ needs that support your business revenue model.
- It really comes down to; “How do you make money online?” You need to start with that question and answer that first before beginning any conversion rate optimization strategy.
- Approach all challenges and issues by optimizing around each one in order to increase your overall online conversion rate.
[Tweet “Conversion is not just about selling. It’s about getting your visitor to take action that is valuable to your business”]
Key Elements For Online Conversion
Online conversion consists of five essential factors which is very important for marketers to easily analyze how conversions happens in their websites. Once they can analyze conversions, they can better understand how it can work for their website. These factors include analytics and testing, customer insight, website usability, momentum and trust, and credibility.
- Analytics and Testing is used to measure your customer’s conversion rate across, not only your site as a whole, but also across each individual marketing channel. Google Analytics is a good way to start tracking your conversion.
- Customer insight is about understanding your customers and their needs so you can direct your overall conversion strategy.
- Website usability is simply overall performance of your website, how it is easier to use and its ability to accomplish the needs of the web visitor.
- Momentum should be designed through persuasive manner to increase conversion. Persuasive design extends to verbal persuasion and visual persuasion. Not only you want to pull your users through your site, but you want to build on that.
- Trust and credibility is essential in the conversion process. Once you gained it, recommendations, referrals and leads will follow.
These elements are further solidified by Neil Patel’ Straight-Forward Guide to Optimizing Your Funnels for Maximum Conversions.
It’s much easier to double your business by doubling your conversion rate than by doubling your traffic. – Jeff Eisenberg
You can also increase conversion in other ways such as turning on the speed, having a simple layout, socializing, and offering reassurance. You can read more by visiting this infographic published by Convert Blog. Don’t forget to test your site at Convert so you can establish the most suitable strategy possible. Strategic planning without tracking is nothing. By tracking your progress, you can determine the status of your metrics whether you have achieved your goals or not.